Fin, Fur and Feather Club



Address:

United States

New Jersey

337 Route 526 Cream Ridge, New Jersey 08514


Coordinates:

Latitude: 40.163174

Longitude: -74.483589


Administrator

Contact:

609 259 7309


Communication language

English


E-mail

No mailbox

Web-site

Go to Web site >>


 

The membership of the Fin, Fur and Feather Club is located in Red Valley about 6 miles east of Allentown, NJ. The club is limited to 50 active members. There are many annual events including a banquet, picnic, kid's fishing contest, trout contest, fluke derby, small game hunts, buck week and an ultimate sportsmens competition.

 



Fin, Fur and Feather has supported many local charity drives and organizations in the area. The club is regularly used by local Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops, New Jersey Hunter Education safety courses and NRA rifle, pistol and shotgun certification programs. Each June the New Egypt Elks use the facilities for their Kids Fishing Contest. Neighbors use the club house for physical therapy and the club has donated funds to build handicap ramps to their homes.

 



It all began back in early 1931 when a group of members of a Trenton church men's club, who were interested in hunting and fishing, raised money for fishing trips by holding pinochle games in their respective homes, and afterward in the church basement.



The first meeting of the 17 men was held on February 26, 1932 at a member's home to organize the group. Officers were elected, and by-laws were drafted. After some discussion, the name "Fin, Fur and Feather Club" submitted by the newly elected and first president Harry Schroeder, was adopted.



For more than a year after our organization, the club held weekly meetings in each of the founders' homes, each taking his turn as the host. The fellowship, and cooperation with the officers was substantial and activities continued to grow for everyone's pleasure.

 



The 17 charter members were Edward Bagley, Joseph Brauniger, Ernest Dill, Rudolph Gade, Karl Horton, Fred Kurtz Sr., Fred Kurtz Jr., George Lambert, Albert Rim, Harry Schroeder Sr. the first president, Harry Schroeder Jr., August Schmidt, Charles Thompson, Harry Thompson, Joseph Thompson, John Wild, and Raymond Wood.

 



As meetings became a burden in the members' homes, the membership decided to rent a meeting place. A room at the corner of Emory and Division Street was chosen. Manus "Manny" Kline, who had a sporting goods store on South Broad Street, a good friend and booster of FFF, suggested that the club incorporate to protect against someone else using the name. On May 26, 1933, the club became incorporated as a non-profit organization.

Add a review, comment ...

* Your comment will be displayed - after moderation



* If you have any suggestions for project administration FishHuntPlaces.com, feel free to use this form.

Contact Us | Advertisement | Agreement | Sitemap | Sitemap.xml | Urllist

Copyright © Fishing Hunting Places. All Rights Reserved.

Loading time: 0.0647 s. | Online: 59   All: 1196690